Editor's top picks
- Domaine Perrot Minot. 2007 Vintage Cuvee Ultra, Premier Cru La Combe d’Orveau, produced from a selection of old vines, this Chambolle-Musigny is fruity and offers a great depth with candied fruit spices. An expressive wine in the mouth.
- Domaine Anne Gros. Grand Maupertui Clos Vougeot Grand Cru, crimson velvet color particular to pinot noir with a taste of cherry, plum, blackcurrant and licorice. A wine with great amplitude and ripe tannins that ages gracefully. Delicious when paired with rich meals.
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg. 2000 Vintage Echezeaux Grand Cru is a ripe and delicate wine that starts on floral notes to then give a cherry flavor. A rare and elegant Echezeaux.
- Château de Sully, Domaine des ducs de Magenta. White Chassagne-Montrachet Premier Cru, a shiny golden color, fluid, clear, with hawthorn, black-wood and verbena aromas. The siliceous ground gives the wine a backbone of mineral.
- Dufouleur Père et Fils. 2000 Fixin Premier Cru Clos des Chapitres. One of the five Premier Cru of the Fixin appellation. This pinot noir has a dark purple color and a taste of violet and peony, then pepper and musk. A powerful wine with a delicate texture and a remarkable fullness.
- Château de Chassagne-Montrachet Domaine Michel Picard. Chassagne-Montrachet Premier Cru Les Chaumées, an excellent white wine expressing all its authenticity. The brightness is sharp, griotte and cherrystone are ruling. Red currant and raspberry aromas come second. This wine, a bit austere in its youth, offers tannins with more structure and concentration as it ages.
- Château de Chasselas. The Thetys Cuvee offers toasted bread and wooded notes complemented by candied fruits aromas. An exceptional Saint-Véran.
- Domaine de Beauregard de Joseph Burrier. The G Classique is a fresh and mineral Pouilly Fuissé. In its youth, it evokes pear, peach and black-wood, with a touch of honey. While aging it acquires aromas of butter and dried fruits.
- Château de Beusseuil. 2005 Vintage Viré Clessé AOC, produced according to the biodynamic principles by the oenologist Jean Thevenet. The color is a pale yellow and it has aromas of citrus fruits and white flowers. Full in the mouth, it is advised to drink this wine in a carafe so that it can express itself. A great vintage.
- Domaine Nicolas Maillet. A Cuvee le Chemin Blanc Macon Verzé, from the more than 70 years-old old vines chardonnay. Fine and complex with a great acidity in the mouth. This wine has a good potential to age gracefully.
- Château de Chamirey, Domaine Devillard. 2010 Vintage Red Mercury Premier Cru du Roi. Ruby red color with violet reflections. Delicate in the mouth it develops fresh fruits and almonds notes. You will be seduced.
- Domaine des Rois Mages. The Bouzeron is a white wine, fresh in the mouth between lightness and fullness. It has grapefruits and exotic fruits aromas, perfect to pair with sea food and sushi. Japanese love it.
- Vignerons des Terres Secrètes. A white Macon Village the premium Cuvee Terra Incognita is smooth with a great body and aromatic complexity. The color is clear and bright.
- Vignoble Daniel Etienne Defaix. 2005 Chablis Grand Cru Grenouille. A chablisien’s treasure, this sensual and silky Chablis has a great structure and a delicate bouquet. It is a great wine for aperitif and pairs wonderfully with scallops.